Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ice Castles

You know how they say that babies are frequently born with their internal clocks backwards, meaning they sleep all day and want to stay up all night? Well I think I was born with my seasons backwards. Summer makes me want to hole up in air conditioned room and sleep all day and winter makes me want to be outside as much as possible. When I was a kid and I read the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe I was completely entranced with idea of the Snow Queen and it being winter all the time. I mean, I wanted to be her...except for all the evil stuff, you know? So when I heard that there were real Ice Castles here in Utah I had to go see them.











Shye seems to have inherited my love for winter. The cold doesn't seem to bother her at all. But I'm sorry to report that she didn't really enjoy the ice castles. Mostly because there was about a foot of loose snow inside the ice castles so she couldn't walk very easily and I couldn't carry her because I had stupidly decided to wear my high-heeled lumberjack shoes and was tottering around myself. More sensible footwear is in order next time we go. Guess I can't be fashionable and be a snow queen at the same time. 

2 comments: