Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Christmas

Christmas this year was rather bittersweet. I was so sick for most of December that I missed out on pretty much all of my favorite seasonal festivities. And then there was the miscarriage just a few days before Christmas which sort of put a damper on everything. At least for me anyway. But on the other hand, my mom and my little sister came up to spend Christmas with us. I'm so glad that they were able to come. The last time I spent Christmas with my side of the family was 2010, back when I was pregnant with Shye. So really, this was the first Christmas that my mom has gotten to spend with Shye.


On Christmas Eve Brian spent the whole day cooking up a fancy dinner of prime rib, lemon garlic green beans, parmesan mashed potatoes, and burgundy mushrooms as well as a pumpkin pie and homemade hot chocolate for dessert. Everything was delicious. Insanely delicious. The whole time we were eating all we could talk about was the food, it was that good. I think having a fancy Christmas Eve dinner might become a tradition. As long as Brian is willing to do all of the cooking that is.


Christmas morning was absolutely magical. This was the first year that Shye was really into it. Watching her excitement as she opened each new present was the best part of the whole morning. Who knew that Christmas as a parent could be so fun?






And more than anything else Christmas morning was special because I was surrounded by the people I love the most.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you managed to have a good Christmas in spite of things. I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete